Navigation

A Peek at my Early Spring Garden

 I am sad to report that nap time is now a thing of the past...
This girl is very lucky she's so stinking cute.
 She loves our neighbor's garden, and looks like a little gnome sitting on these adorable benches...

Because of the change in our regular schedule, I've had a hard time finding a good spot in my day for blogging..I think I'll get back into the groove, but for now I'm enjoying spending the afternoons outside with my munchkins!


Onto the garden...
I'm LOVING all of the blooms I'm finding all over my garden!
Since this is our first spring in this house, it's amazing to see all of the gorgeous flowers and plants as they pop up around the property.
Here are some of my faves:





 Here's the newest addition to our garden- a sweet goose that lived at my father-in-law's house for the past 40 or so years. I rescued it and shockingly spray painted it hammered pewter. I'm not completely sold on the color and may change it to stone down the road. I planted some pretty begonias and ivy inside that I'm hoping will spread across the bed and give some height to the back garden.
 I also transplanted some of the gorgeous lenten roses from the other side of the path that had spread into the stones. Hopefully it'll fill in nicely!
I'm loving this gorgeous tree in our front yard...When I practice yoga in our bedroom I can see these pretty blooms out the window. 
So peaceful!

 Counting down the days until our pretty peonies bloom!
 And this gorgeous girl loves a good dandelion hunt!
 I can't take any credit for these lovelies, but I wanted to share them because they are the most vibrant color...
The bulbs are in my neighbor's yard and were brought back from Belgium after she received them as a gift from her son and daughter-in-law who were living there at the time. 
Incredible.

 Here are some more lovelies from her garden...

 These butter cream daffodils are all over my yard...love them!
 Here are some closeup shots from our front trees...

 And the sweet little nest in our front door decoration is just adorable!
 I can't wait to see all of the other surprises the garden has in store for us this season...

Happy Spring!

3 comments:

  1. You have so many flowers - it looks a lot like the gardens in my neck of the woods. Just where are you on the map? The munchkins look like they are loving spring - and being napless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I'm so not ready to let go of nap time. My daughter, Madison, is three and her nap time has definitely decreased but lucky she still naps for at least an hour. I want to hold on to that for as long as possible, lol! Loving the garden pictures...so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guess what: you have lot of flowers in bloom which we use to have in bloom in June and some even as late as in July. So this makes me miss summer - a lot :-) You have a lot of beauty in your garden.

    ReplyDelete