Navigation

On the run...

I took up running about a year and a half ago after spending a good twenty thirty, actually years refusing to move past a slow trot. In fact, I think there were really only a few specific conditions under which I actually would consider running:

1) a good sale
2) something delicious
3) being chased by a would-be abductor
4) really, really having to use the bathroom

And then something crazy happened. I ran, and I LIKED IT.
After a random yoga injury to my hip, I've slowed down quite a bit and am running here and there, mostly between 2-3 miles and s-l-o-w-l-y like a turtle. But I still like it and, to me, that's what's important.

We have a beautiful trail that flanks the river about two minutes from my house, and I have been itching to head over there for a run since we moved. Last Thursday after I dropped the Catfish off at preschool, I threw on my running shoes and headed over there.
It's such a cute little area- this little building is a bar and grill situated right on the river. I haven't been, but it's on the list! 
And here it is, the trail! About five miles down from this spot is the cutest little town with antique stores, a fun park and a shaved ice stand. Love it!
It was such a beautiful day to be outside. The air was crisp and cool, and the sun filtered through the trees, dappling the trail with light.
About a mile in, I spotted this cute little guy watching from the side of the road. He took off when I got about ten feet away from him and watched tentatively from the trees as I passed.
How cool is this little house I found nestled in the woods on the side of the trail?! There were a total of two on my run, and they were absolutely beautiful. The landscaping on both was gorgeous. Can you imagine living off a trail in the woods like this? There is a dirt access road back to the main street, but these two houses are otherwise isolated. What a cool surprise!
When I turned around after taking the picture of the house above, this was the incredible view. Unbelievable!
And here is pretty much the only other human being I saw on my run. All I could hear  over the thumping of my heart in my ears was Keith Morrison from Dateline narrating my demise. I spent a good minute feeling each key on my ring to determine which one was best for fending off an attacker. All was well, fortunately, and I got a friendly hello as I passed by on my way back to civilization.
When I got back to my car, I noticed this little gem. Poor grammar just kills me, so I had to comment on the random apostrophe on this sign. 

For shame.
That's all from me for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment