Navigation

Sriracha-Ginger Mayo aka The Best Sauce Ever

I am a sucker for a doctored mayonnaise, and this one in particular is my absolute favorite these days. This spicy and flavorful Sambal Chicken dish can be served in so many different ways and has been on repeat in our house for the last year. The first few times I made it, I didn't use a dipping sauce or drizzle of any kind, and kept searching for something that add some cool creaminess to the dish. After tinkering around with some ingredients, I came up with this flavorful and super easy sauce. It's great drizzled on flatbread, as a dipping sauce or slathered on a sandwich!

Sriracha-Ginger Mayonnaise

6 tablespoons of mayonnaise 
1 tablespoon of Sriracha (or less if you don't like as much heat)
1 tablespoon of lime juice
1/2 tea spoon soy sauce
1/4-1/2 tsp. grated ginger (depending on how much ginger flavor you like)
1/4 teaspoon brown sugar

Combine all ingredients.
Chill in the fridge for 15 minutes before serving.


On a side note (get it, SIDE?):
-If you're looking for a super fresh and crazy tasty cucumber salad, check out my Thai Pickled Cucumber Salad. I serve it with the Sambal chicken, but it goes with just about everything. The best part is that it just gets yummier as it sits in the fridge!
-The flatbread pictured is from Sweet Peas Kitchen. It's amazing.
-I like to toss boneless chicken thighs in the Sambal marinade before grilling them whole (I chop them up for sandwiches or wraps). I then cut up veggies (think peppers, onions, mushroom, zucchini) and toss them with some of the unused marinade before grilling or roasting them in the oven. So yummy tossed with brown rice!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment