Navigation

A Visit to my Fall Garden

It's a dreary, windy, temperature-dropping-twenty-degrees-rapidly kind of day here, so during my few minutes of quiet, I snapped some pictures of our fall foliage. Slowly but surely my black thumb is greening up a bit...Hopefully I didn't jinx myself by putting that in print!
 I'm a novice, novice, novice behind the lens- I will admit that up front! I do love snapping pictures of EVERYTHING though! In fact, when I was a special education teacher and kept a classroom blog, my poor students would often yell "cheese" anytime I called their names (my kids do this too, for the record!).

Here are some shots I captured while wandering the yard during a break in the rain:

The last of my summer containers...

 A very wet view of my pretty hanging basket...
 Some late bloomers...
 One of my favorite fall purchases...
 The "sunshine" on my doorstep...
 The leaves are falling down in great big piles...
 A shot of the birdbath, sweet neighbor, J., gifted us...
 Freezing cold, wet toes. I got so excited I forgot to put on shoes!
 A close-up of my birdbath blooms...
 A beautiful little garden stake left for me by our home's wonderful former owners...
 My very favorite thing in the garden right now. Absolutely obsessed with ornamental kale...
 The color gets brighter as the temperatures drop...
 Just beautiful, vibrant pink...
 And finally, our back gate covered in foliage...
Thanks for visiting my fall yard!
We're off to Sweet Thing's soccer game tomorrow and are planning some fall adventures this weekend...
So many fun things to do this time of year!
Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment